Salary: competitive depending upon experience + benefits
Where the job is based: (home-based, working with cloudThing office/customer site visits as required) UK HQ, Seven House, 18 High Street, Longbridge, B31 2UQ
Who we are:
cloudThing solves complicated problems with great digital experiences. We combine Power Platform, DevSecOps, Data Science and Software Engineering to achieve measurable business outcomes for our clients. Headquartered in Birmingham and part of the Kerv Group, the combined Kerv Group is a £35m revenue global organisation, with over 330 employees, working with over 800 sector leading clients, with offices in London, Birmingham, and Bangalore
- Gathering functional and non-functional requirements using relevant methods both online and in person.
- Influencing, managing and analysing a variety of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Working on a variety of projects at different stages of the project life cycle.
- Presenting solution opportunities to the customer at a variety of levels with solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Being the product owner and champion of the agreed customer requirements and ability to manage solutioning where relevant.
- Understanding the capabilities (and limitations) provided by Dynamics 365 CE out of the box.
- Understanding the capabilities of the Microsoft Business Systems platform
- Creating clear and effective documentation across multiple channels
- Using a hands-on approach to ensuring timescales are met
- Training end users and admins in the use of Dynamics 365 CE and linked systems (such as Power BI, Power Apps, Flow)
- Process mapping.
- Story writing.
- Solution modelling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A deep desire to learn and ability to pick ideas and concepts up quickly.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested (yes, our lawyers asked for that one)
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- Office 365 skills (Word, Excel etc)
- Experience presenting
- Ability to convey complicated ideas in a succinct way.
- Self-starter, able to progress without direction (although support will always be there if needed).
What we can do for you:
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want. A healthy approach for most of our unicorns (that’s this team) seems to be splitting three ways between home, customer sites and the office.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with top tier private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech. you can’t get trained on anywhere else and private healthcare. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation.
- Recognition & Growth –we’ve just entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech. companies in the country; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
Don’t take our word for it though, check out our impartial Glass Door reviews or our recruitment video featuring, well, us!
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and work experience.