Who Are We?
We’re a fast-growing Microsoft Gold partner that delivers multi-year IT transformation programmes for blue chip organisations, software product development (both re-platforming and born in cloud), complex Dynamics 365 customisation, technical Teams as-a-Service and acceleration of the software delivery lifecycle through a DevSecOps provision. We’re headquartered in the UK with an offshore delivery centre in India.
What We're Looking For: DevSecOps Engineer
We are seeking a cloud wizard to join our team and help drive delivery of our rapidly expanding software and managed services portfolio. You’ll need to effortlessly juggle support of multi-platform cloud services, virtual-machines, databases and application servers across many customers, cloudy infrastructure providers and environments while helping to build cutting-edge solutions through insightful infrastructure delivery.
What We Can Do For You?
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want (within reason). You’ll find DevSecOps team members working from home, at cT HQ, and a mix of both. Sometimes DevSecOps team members will work from customer sites.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with industry leading private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech you can’t get trained on anywhere else, private healthcare and an annual share award to all employees. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation and share scheme eligibility is after one year.
- Recognition & Growth – we were voted DevSecOps Company of the Year in the Computing DevSecOps Excellence Awards 2019, we entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech companies in the country, and we were a finalist for the PMI UK Project of the Year award; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
What Qualifications We Expect:
All backgrounds will always be considered and experience here is far more important. We’re really open to Engineers that have a solid transferable background in supporting technically diverse development and production infrastructure running custom software, hosted in public clouds. We’re looking for someone who can work with our Solutions and Delivery Management teams to identify and resolve issues with the design, development and deployment of software solutions.
Other Relevant Bits & Bobs:
We’ll expect you to have all of the following skills;
- Azure/M365 guru, aficionado’s desired, esp. bespoke solution deployment at scale
- Azure DevSecOps Continuous Integration (CI) distributed setup & management
- Virtual infrastructure chief, provisioning & management in Azure
- Web hosting expert with Azure App Service/IIS inc. ASP/NET, PHP
- Solid backup & monitoring setup/management
- Good net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling & load-balancing
- Building images & other scripting automation using PowerShell, VBS, Win Batch or similar
- Platform specific certifications, e.g. multiple MCPs or an MCSE
We’ll expect you to have some of the following skills;
- Dynamics 365 administration and deployment
- Other OS/environment support esp. AWS, Linux, other common web stacks
- Database maestro with some MS SQL/MySQL/Maria, Cassandra, Cosmos or Mongo
- Office 365 Management, esp. Exchange and SharePoint
- Source control appreciation
- Environment migration to cloudy infrastructure
You’ll need to demonstrate experience with;
- Affect changes in live environments safely, deploying architectures using appropriate change control procedures
- Remedy issues in our 3rd line ticket queue, including effective prioritisation, assignment to development teams and escalating resolution where required to ensure we meet our SLAs
- Manage all day-to-day upkeep of environments including configuring/maintaining backups, monitoring, security, and patching
- Create clear and effective documentation
- Troubleshoot problems when they occur, quickly and efficiently
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- Happiest working under their own direction, but fully supported when needed
- a geek that can speak; excellent spoken and written communication
- an obvious attention to detail, we want you to obsess about the little things!
- ability to identify and pick-up new technologies quickly
- ability to work effectively with remote teams in India
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
More On Equality...
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and work experience.