Salary: from £45,000 depending upon experience + benefits
Where the job is based: (home-based, working with cloudThing office/customer site visits as required) UK HQ, Seven House, 18 High Street, Longbridge, B31 2UQ
Who we are:
cloudThing solves complicated problems with great digital experiences. We combine Power Platform, DevSecOps, Data Science and Software Engineering to achieve measurable business outcomes for our clients. Headquartered in Birmingham and part of the Kerv Group, the combined Kerv Group is a £35m revenue global organisation, with over 330 employees, working with over 800 sector leading clients, with offices in London, Birmingham, and Bangalore.
cloudThing always selects the best technology fit for a project and therefore expects and encourages all our developers and designers to embrace the latest technologies, frameworks and cloud deployment platforms. We relish the difficult problems and integration challenges and guarantee our developers are never bored.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work by independent assessors in both the UK and India. We can offer you an inclusive, collaborative atmosphere to develop your skills as part of a global multi-discipline development team with opportunities to be mentored by forward-thinking architects.
Join cloudThing to work closely with household name clients, build your technical prowess and make new friends along the way.
Who we are looking for:
The oft-sought, seldom found, inspired agile software, digital or IT delivery owner capable of ensuring we provide dazzling software and solutions across a huge array of technologies and platforms. You’ll be paired with a Solution Architect to take care of the technical wizardry on each project, along with a talented team of front and backend developers with support from the Technical Directors and Commercial Managers to boot.
All backgrounds will always be considered and experience here is far more important, we’re really open to Project Managers that have a solid transferable background that are looking to deliver a mix of well governed Business Transformation, Dynamics 365 delivery, Bespoke Development projects using our mature blend of agile and waterfall approaches and tools as appropriate. Ability to guide our clients through an Agile Scrum delivery and manage the Scrum ceremonies is essential.
- Meeting customers, listening carefully and understanding their business
- Creating and maintaining the environment in which the project will succeed
- Working with on/off-shore development/implementation teams
- Establishing and operating governance structures within projects to ensure effective decision making and robust assurance
- Managing project cost base and time tracking
- Identifying and delivering change control and project upsell
- Wrestling detailed requirements and designs into an implementable plan
- Managing an agile development process, including stewarding planning sessions, scrums and show and tell), working alongside our delivery managers
- Reporting project status to the cloudThing operations board and the client, effectively managing stakeholder expectations
- Software, Digital or IT Project Management using a structured Agile approach
- Excellent written and presentation skills, the ability to think on feet and make decisions
- Other tasks as reasonably requested (yes, our lawyers asked for that one)
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- happiest working under their own direction, but fully supported when needed
- an obvious attention to detail, we want you to obsess about the little things!
- an escalation handler, able to achieve win-win outcomes by utilising the skills across the team
- ability to work effectively with remote teams in India
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
What we can do for you:
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want. A healthy approach for most of our unicorns (that’s this team) seems to be splitting three ways between home, customer sites and the office.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with top tier private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech. you can’t get trained on anywhere else and private healthcare. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation.
- Recognition & Growth – Certified as a Great Place to Work by independent assessors in both the UK and India and we’ve just entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech. companies in the country; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
Don’t take our word for it though, check out our impartial Glass Door reviews or our recruitment video featuring, well, us!
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and work experience.