Who we are:
cloudThing solves complicated problems with great digital experiences. We combine Power Platform, DevSecOps, Data Science and Software Engineering to achieve measurable business outcomes for our clients. Headquartered in Birmingham and part of the Kerv Group, the combined Kerv Group is a £35m revenue global organisation, with over 330 employees, working with over 800 sector leading clients, with offices in London, Birmingham, and Bangalore.
cloudThing always selects the best technology fit for a project and therefore expects and encourages all our developers and designers to embrace the latest technologies, frameworks and cloud deployment platforms. We relish the difficult problems and integration challenges and guarantee our developers are never bored.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work by independent assessors in both the UK and India. We can offer you an inclusive, collaborative atmosphere to develop your skills as part of a global multi-discipline development team with opportunities to be mentored by forward-thinking architects.
Join cloudThing to work closely with household name clients, build your technical prowess and make new friends along the way.
Who we are looking for:
The agile delivery team enabler capable of building effective teams by unlocking what will work for the team rather than just policing agile processes. Highly effective at building relationships with teams and with people too, actively removing impediments and reducing waste to increase team alignment and autonomy. A true servant-leader, coaching individuals, teams and customers in adopting agile working practices and increasing effectiveness to take ownership and accountability for their work.
- Meeting customers, listening carefully and understanding their business
- Creating and maintaining the environment in which the agile delivery will succeed
- Working with on/offshore development/implementation teams
- Living the eight stances of a Scrum Master
- Upholding the principles of the Manifesto of Agile Software Development.
- Educating teams in agile ways of working with excellent facilitation skills
- Using a range of agile frameworks and methodologies and not adopting a "one size fits all" approach
- Managing an agile development process, including stewarding planning sessions, scrums and show and tell), working alongside our project managers and delivery managers
- Working with a continuous improvement mindset to articulate what better looks like
- Software, Digital or Business Scrum Mastery holding relevant certifications to back up your in-depth experience
- Disciplined Agile Scrum Master / Senior Scrum Master / Coach is desirable
- Excellent written and presentation skills, the ability to think on feet and make decisions
- Other tasks as reasonably requested
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- ability to understand and drive deliverables within the Scrum team,
- ·ability to work closely with a Product Owner on priorities and backlog refinement
- ability to run stand-ups, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives, show and tells, and guide others to do so
- ability to closely with other Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Solution and Software Architects to ensure cross team co-ordination,
- ability to work effectively with remote teams in India
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
What we can do for you:
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want. A healthy approach for most of our unicorns (that’s this team) seems to be splitting three ways between home, customer sites and the office.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with top tier private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech. you can’t get trained on anywhere else and private healthcare. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation.
- Recognition & Growth – Certified as a Great Place to Work by independent assessors in both the UK and India and we’ve just entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech. companies in the country; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
Don’t take our word for it though, check out our impartial Glass Door reviews or our recruitment video featuring, well, us!