Salary: Circa £45,000 - £55,000 depending upon experience
Where the job is based: (home-based, working with cloudThing office/customer site visits as required) UK HQ, Seven House, 18 High Street, Longbridge, B31 2UQ
Who we are:
cloudThing solves complicated problems with great digital experiences. We combine Power Platform, DevSecOps, Data Science and Software Engineering to achieve measurable business outcomes for our clients. Headquartered in Birmingham and part of the Kerv Group, the combined Kerv Group is a £35m revenue global organisation, with over 330 employees, working with over 800 sector leading clients, with offices in London, Birmingham, and Bangalore
Who we are looking for:
You are passionate about quality and achieving great outcomes for our customers. Working with both On and Off-shore teams, you will develop specific Test Strategies, ensure they are executed to the highest quality, plan and support test phases, and quality assure the output of multiple Test and Delivery Teams.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Test Manager or Test Lead
- Hands-on Test Automation experience
- Guiding and implementing test automation solutions; and driving out best practise
- Experience working across multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to define and implement Test Strategies – assessing the need for functional, non-functional, manual and automated testing
- Good solid hands-on testing experience
- Liaising with Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Developers, Solution Architects, external stakeholders, including external Test Leads and Managers
- Ensuring quality standards are met across projects
- Experience reviewing and continuously improving testing practises and processes
- Understanding key QA metrics, ability to articulate risk, and provide clear and concise reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Non-functional testing specialisms
- Other tasks as reasonably requested (yes, our lawyers asked for that one)
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- happiest working under their own direction, but fully supported when needed
- an obvious attention to detail
- ability to identify and pick up new processes and software platforms quickly
- ability to work effectively with remote teams in India
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
What we can do for you:
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want. A healthy approach for most of our unicorns (that’s this team) seems to be splitting three ways between home, customer sites and the office.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with top tier private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech. you can’t get trained on anywhere else and private healthcare. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation.
- Recognition & Growth –we’ve just entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech. companies in the country; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and work experience.