Salary: competitive depending upon experience + benefits
Where the job is based: (home-based, working with cloudThing office/customer site visits as required) UK HQ, Seven House, 18 High Street, Longbridge, B31 2UQ
Who we are:
cloudThing solves complicated problems with great digital experiences. We combine Power Platform, DevSecOps, Data Science and Software Engineering to achieve measurable business outcomes for our clients. Headquartered in Birmingham and part of the Kerv Group, the combined Kerv Group is a £35m revenue global organisation, with over 330 employees, working with over 800 sector leading clients, with offices in London, Birmingham, and Bangalore
You will be pivotal in helping define and drive the design and development of our clients’ products and services. You will reveal what users need by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability testing. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating research data from a range of sources, and helping the User Experience (UX) team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, inclusive, and seamless.
- Good knowledge of qualitative research methods including user requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring user needs are fully understood
- Engaging research facilitation skills and techniques, an effective communicator with excellent presentational skills
- Pragmatic, able to recognise and be sympathetic to project constraints, knowing when it's right to stand their ground on what research is needed, and when to flex
- Turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions and know how to involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions
- Conduct inclusive research to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services
- You can work in an open, iterative, and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of introducing user research to an organisation
- An understanding of user-centred design practices
We’re also looking for people that fit how we work, which is something like;
- happiest working under their own direction, but fully supported when needed
- ability to work flexibly to deliver on-time to tight timescales
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances
- An obvious attention to detail, we want you to obsess about the little things
- Lifelong learner: proactively seeking opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge and skills
What we can do for you:
We’re a transparent, honest and fiercely equal employer that believes completely in providing the best possible work experience for our cloudThing’ers:
- Real Flexibility – we’re a family first organisation, and if the work gets done, you can work when and wherever you want. A healthy approach for most of our unicorns (that’s this team) seems to be splitting three ways between home, customer sites and the office.
- Awesome Environment – all of our cloudThing’ers will tell you that we foster an easy going environment, are experts at what we do and care deeply about what we work on – that’s in large part because we’re privately owned by those that work day-to-day in the business, and the company was started specifically to find a way for people to take more enjoyment from their work.
- Interesting Work – these days most of our customers are household names and many of our projects have an important impact on the world around us. The kind of things we do regularly include working with not-for-profits to transform how they leverage technology, working with public bodies to shape digital services and working with top tier private entities to bring genuinely new and meaningful products and services to market.
- Great Benefits – all the usual suspects and then some. Some highlights include our choose-your-own tech approach to end-user devices, well stocked cupboards with tasty goodies (we’re a food first company too), excellent professional development support including frequent in-house training for tech. you can’t get trained on anywhere else and private healthcare. Full disclosure; some benefits can only be provided after probation.
- Recognition & Growth –we’ve just entered the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, which charts the top 100 fastest growing tech. companies in the country; we know we achieved this directly through the people we choose to work with.
Don’t take our word for it though, check out our impartial Glass Door reviews or our recruitment video featuring, well, us!
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and work experience.