cloudThing logo in white
Menu open icon
email: info@cloudthing.com
tel: +44 (0) 121 393 4700
Menu closed icon

General

Generally useful pages

Sectors

We know loads about this stuff

What we do

The Building Blocks for cloudThing Magic

Red apple on a tree

Apple Sets Its Carbon Neutral Goal for 2030

Sun Jul 26 2020

The pledge from Apple means all Apple products worldwide would have zero climate impact by 2030

Tech giant Apple, in a recent pledge, have said they’ll be carbon neutral by 2030.

What makes this pledge so different to other pledges of a similar nature is that it won’t just take into consideration business processes such as manufacturing and supply chains but also the entire lifecycle of their products… including the electricity used to charge their devices by end users. 

 

Apple have said they’re already carbon neutral across their corporate operations but by 2030 hope to be carbon neutral across every Apple product sold worldwide.

That means by the end of the decade the pledge will cover, as already mentioned, end user usage but also materials and energy used by their suppliers as well.

 

To achieve this Apple have stated they’ll need to cut emissions by 75% over the next years whilst also working to develop “innovative carbon removal solutions” to help offset that remaining 25%.

open quote mark

This is a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future. The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet - they've helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.

Tim Cook – Apple CEO

close quote mark

Further details on how Apple will be achieving carbon neutrality will be released in a road map that they hope can be taken up by other organisations and industries in their own carbon neutral journeys.

Part of Apple’s plan is to drastically reduce carbon emissions by funding research into making their products to a much ‘greener’ design as well as making them both more efficient and, when they do reach the end of their life, more recyclable.

The plan is to also spread that ‘greener’ ethos by helping their suppliers switch to renewable energy sources and switching to more environmentally friendly materials such as green aluminium.

 

Apple will also be investing in sustainable forests and other nature-based solutions across the globe to help achieve their target of carbon neutrality by 2030.

They’ll also be launching an Impact Accelerator that will focus on investing in minority owned business to aid in their goal of reducing carbon emissions in their supply chains as well as supporting the communities that are “disproportionately affected by environmental hazards”.

Not Quite Ready To Get Back To Work Just Yet?

CLOUDTHING'S PRODUCTS & SERVICES

CLOUDTHING’S THOUGHTS & INSIGHTS ON MICROSOFT INSPIRE 2020

GENERATE & NURTURE LEADS WITH MICROSOFT DYNAMICS 365 SALES

Contact Us

Name

*

Company Name

*

Email Address

*

Telephone Number

Is there anything else you'd like us to know?

© cloudThing 2020

Sun Jul 26 2020

email iconinfo@cloudthing.com
© 2020 Copyright cloudThing ltd. All rights reserved. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7510381, VAT no. 152340739